Monday, January 13, 2014

What a headache.... relief!

Read this this morning... passing along cause headaches can be such a pain. I hardly ever get them and THIS might be why....

"Headaches are such a headache! Ninety percent of head pain is caused by tension, so instead of taking a pill that can upset your stomach, nibble on this all-natural snack while thinking relaxing thoughts...

Researchers tell us that almonds contain lots of salicylates, the... pain-relieving ingredient in aspirin. Eating 15 raw almonds will do the work of one aspirin. While it may take a little longer for the headache to vanish, you won’t run the risk for side effects. Almonds also have been shown to reduce cholesterol, build strong bones and teeth, and boost brain function, so if you eat almonds in moderation on a regular basis, the side effects you get are nothing but good. (Of course, if you have a nut or a salicylate allergy, don’t try this at home—or anywhere!)"
 
Have a Headache-Free day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. But 15 almonds have about 170 calories. There are side effects to everything.
    Tension you say? Well, I have an antidotum: a single minded purpose and tons of grattitude ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True... calories are high. But --- 170 calories from "good fats" almonds are better than 170 calories in some high sugar foods. Calories aren't all bad. In fact, I recently learned that I, personally, was not eating Enough! Once I started counting grams and eating the right amounts, my energy level improved and I actually lost weight. By eating more calories. But you have to be wise with your choices of course. I do think almonds are a wise choice. For me... :)

    ReplyDelete