Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Day in Florida!

So... 28 degrees in "Sunny" Fl.  I only fell down once!  Broke my camera...  :(   But - no bones, so it's all good!
My friend's daughter who just had open-heart surgery (at 23) is doing well now, so THAT is GREAT!   I am babysitting her dog... and he does NOT like my hat and coat and gloves.  He was growling at me.  SO I had to ditch them.  It is COLD out there!  The things we do for pets!


Went by my 86 year old friend's house today to check on her.  (her son lives "next door") and they had branches down.  LOTS of big cedar tree branches.  The ice weighed heavy on the plants and trees around here.  Don't know how many will survive it.  Guess we'll soon find out!   Her son was wearing..... ready for this..??   FLIP FLOPs.  A Southerner Thru and Thru!!!
Lots of auto wrecks down here in the South today.  We just are Not used to this ice.  The Northern crowd is up there laughing at our wimpiness, but we just don't have the proper equipment, and road crews, and snow tires, and boots and such...   we Are wimps!  But I'd rather be a wimp for a few days, than COLD for months.  I used to live up there in the tundra... (of MI) so I know of what I speak.   It's beautiful up there, but I'll just enjoy it in pictures from here on out!!   ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment