Saturday, March 9, 2013

26 Months!
Quit Date is: Sunday, January 09, 2011 at 10:00:00 PM
Time Smoke-Free: 789 days, 8 hours, 51 minutes and 29 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked: 15787 (can you imagine that IN your lungs????)
Lifetime Saved: 4 months, 14 hours (I intend to enjoy every second of it too!)
Money Saved: $3,555.00 (Spending $16 of that at the 3D movie today!!)

When I tried to quit smoking, (around 65,000 times) there wasn’t any fanfare. I didn’t want any. Just wanted to sneak off into the night and face the evils alone. That’s how I used to roll. That way if I didn’t succeed – AGAIN – no one would even know I tried. Safety and security in the number 1!! But this last time I quit, and stayed quit, I didn’t go it alone. Not exactly. I took along an on-line army of --- well… Oodles of people…. (Oodles=A Lot!) Via Quitnet.com. And with the help of that ‘army’, keeping me accountable, I have now been quit 26 months. There was a bit of drama out there sometimes, I mean – Quitters aren’t the happiest people. Not in the beginning. So they sometimes lash out at innocent fellow quitters. Oh were there some “brawls”. Not many. They were actually humorous – I thought. But I’m not the best judge really. But the anger was limited… mostly it was a very supportive place, where even people who had been quit 12-15 years still popped in to encourage ‘newbies’ like me. Those ‘old folks’ gave me something to look forward to. I mean ---- 12 years of smoke-free lungs…? I wanted me some of that. And I’m getting there.

                           **********************************
Listenin to some Jack Johnson.  Have you heard his stuff?  Mellow... Real.   I love it.  My teenie bopper introduced me to him.  Imagine that!

I also like "Train."   and some Adam Lavine.  What's up with all those tattoos??? Guess that's his bizz.  I still like his music.   Oh, and Jason Mraz.  Check em out!

So --- 'The Voice' is coming back.  Without Christina or CeeLo (who spells their name that way?  How bout I spell mine Neeeeter Beeeee!)  Anyway - I dunno if it will be the same.  I'll give it a shot, but those newbies had best not disappoint me.

♪ I can't alway always always be playin the fool.....♫   (JJ  ^)

   Have a Marvie day all!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I checked out Johnson on u tube..... very cool, easy to listen to music, not a bad looker either! I might look around for a CD.... thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looker?? What??? I have never SEEN him.... I'm all over this now......!

    ReplyDelete