Thursday, March 28, 2013


Yesterday I spent time with an older friend.  She only really started to “age” about two years ago.  She’s 85 now.  So really... “83 years of youth”.   We should all be so lucky.   I think her secret was/is – a positive attitude.  She’s had a lot of upsets in her life.  I’ve been witness to many of them in the past 30 years.  But she seldom let that set her back for long. She’s lost a lot of pets.  Those deaths affected her the most.  She currently has a 16 year old Lab, named Diamond Lil.  She names all her pets after “fun” people, as she puts it.  She had a German Shepard named Bonnie, and the world’s ugliest (and meanest) cat named Clyde.   There was Annie O.  And Billy K.  I’m not sure what inspired the name for Diamond's sister, Tina Marie.  (That cat has attitude.  “Don’t even look at me, and maybe I’ll let you live a bit longer.”  I guess my buddy is an evil cat magnet.)  But I digress.    She has always been active, and ate right (except for the sugars.  She always had sugars around to temp me.)  But she could eat one piece of chocolate and not touch the box the whole entire rest of the day.  Amazing!  She’d actually make a box of chocolates last a whole month or more.  I think she did that to tease me.  Drove me insane! 
But the point is--- I think there was a point...  Oh yes – eat well, stay active, and keep a positive attitude and you can hold on to your youth well into your 80’s. 

4 comments:

  1. Aw sugar, you ain't never gonna grow up. Are ya? ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying not to. Fighting it with everything I have!!☻

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the link to Sues... my goodness! the things I can do when I get older! What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What was the name of your first car? Mother used to name her cars, usually Betsy. I just thought that you were writing about pet names, I was wondering if other people named their cars too. My first car was Gypsy Queen after that song by April Wine.

    ReplyDelete